Here at Amazon we are currently looking for an experienced EHS Manager to join the team and play a critical role in managing the health and safety within Amazon Air Operations. The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in operations safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the site provides to our customers.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
- Managing the health and safety function in the site, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate
- Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics
- Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility
- Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced environment
- Driving behavioral culture change program across a large, complex, multi shift operation
- Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
- Manage risks and opportunities in a air transport environment
- English and German business fluency are required.
- Must be experienced “Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit” with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a warehouse environment.
- Educated to degree level.
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
- Able to effectively lead and manage a large team.
- Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious.
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & DE H&S legislation.
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
- Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
- Must have extensive Air Transportation industry experience (cargo, freight, ground operations, passenger etc)
- You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies
- Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
- Senior Safety Manager (m/f/d)
- Job ID: 1182412 | Amazon SZ Sachsen-Thueringen
- Medical, Health, & Safety